Your food donations are essential! In 2016, the people of Blaine County donated 88,232 pounds of food to help their neighbors in need. All of this helps feed children and adults in Blaine County through our Mobile Food Banks.
How can I donate?
For more information on any items listed below, please give us a call at 788.0121.
- Help us burst a bin! Next time you’re shopping at Albertsons, Atkinsons’ Markets, or Main Street Market pick up a few extra non-perishable items and drop them in our yellow collection bins. See Best Items to Contribute flyer and our Top 10 Food Drive Items list.
- Organize a food drive or take part in one and support the many local groups that strive to keep our shelves stocked.
- Drop off your extra perishable and non-perishable items at our warehouse in Bellevue. Please call ahead to arrange a time.
- Collect unused or unopened foods leftover from your next event and deliver them to our warehouse.
- Purchase a Stop Hunger Card at Albertsons or Atkinsons’ Markets to make sure your dollar gets the most bang for its buck. This allows us to use our purchasing power to ensure nutritious foods and staple items in our food lines.
- Are you a big game hunter? Donate some of your bounty to help us stock the protein section. Call us for more information on processing instructions and acceptable game.
- Gleaning Program – Let us harvest extra fruits from your trees. Our volunteers will gladly pick apples, pears, apricots, and plums to help us provide fresh fruit to our clients.
- Grow A Row – If you have a home garden bursting with extra goodies, we’d be happy to distribute them at our Mobile Food Banks.
Click here to see a fantastic food drive video put together by students from The Community School!
Thank you for a successful Spring Corporate Food Drive 2017! Congratulations to the seven participating local businesses and organizations for encouraging non-perishable food donations and charitable gifts from our community to benefit local families facing hunger.
And the winner is……………
Cold Springs Crossing
who brought in 2,095 lbs of food which equals 1,612 meals for local families in Blaine County.
2017 Participants Included: Cold Springs Crossing, Idaho Mountain Express, Power Engineers, Sun Valley Resort, Marketron, The Senior Connection, and Zenergy. THANK you to all our amazing participants! This year’s Corporate Food Drive brought in a whopping total of 3,756 pounds of food which translates to 2,889 meals for our community members in need!