At times, even superheros need help. Whether it’s a trusty partner or a little magic, heroes rarely go it alone.
There are countless heroes in our community who are faced with unthinkable obstacles.
Medical crisis, death in the family, an absentee parent, or a compromising relationship are just a few everyday obstacles that challenge everyday heroes.
This time of year, challenges are magnified by the high cost of winter. The lack of snow this winter has spelled under-employment for so many of our neighbors.
Such challenges require superhuman courage to overcome, but courage alone is a single flame. Whether you’re faced with challenges of heroic proportions or hoping to be there for someone who is, it takes a community to feed the flame and light the way.
The good food community grew around the idea that we are stronger, happier, and healthier together. Through food shared, we can harness the nourishment and strength required to endure our challenges.
We’re excited to share how we plan to measure the power of this community through our 2018 annual goals, and hope you will join us in whatever way best suits your story.
Big goals are our North Star. Goals help turn our wildest dreams into action to ensure we have a lasting impact on our community.
Building on the momentum from last year, we are poised to help more people than ever through the many layers of the good food community.
We’re excited to share our 2018 goals with you so we can continue on this path together, helping local families and improving our community.
1. Provide Food Access to 17% of Blaine County population or 3,500 people.
2. Engage community members in providing 10,000 Volunteer Hours, keeping our organization efficient and saving close to $240,000 in staff time.
3. Work with partners and schools to provide 25 safe, stigma-free access points of healthy food through our Children’s Food Programs.
4. Provide healthy summer meals served to a total of 275 children through our expanded Summer Food Program (Bloom Truck, Lunch in the Park, & Summer Camps).
5. Ensure 100% of mothers who reach out to us have access to vital nutrition for their infants during the first year of their lives through our Infant Formula Program.
Read the complete list of 2018 goals here.