The Hunger Coalition 2016 Impact Report
|Hunger||Health & Opportunity|
Accomplishments at a Glance
- This year, we’ve fed all-time record numbers of people seven out of the last 10 months.
- Over $140,000 worth of food was donated in fiscal year 2016.
- The Summer Food Program served 4,300 lunches in the summer of 2016 to local children in need.
- A record high, 23,725 healthy snacks were distributed to 1,403 hungry kids in the 2015-16 school year through the Daily Bites program.
- To date, nearly 21,000 bottles worth of infant formula have been distributed to babies in need through our Infant Formula Initiative.
- Nearly $166,000 was saved in staff time thanks to more than 150 volunteers giving nearly 7,000 hours of time in fiscal year 2015.
- Nearly $130,000 was saved in actual retail food costs through grocer, grower and state agency partnerships.
- The Hope Garden harvested 900 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables to clients in the 2016 reporting period.