The Hunger Coalition strives to end hunger in our community by providing wholesome food to those in need and by promoting solutions to the underlying causes of hunger through collaboration, education and advocacy.
We envision a community free from hunger where all individuals are able to participate as healthy, contributing members.
- Compassion for the plight of those less fortunate
- Empowerment of the hungry to become healthy, contributing members of our community
- Human dignity and the right of all to have their basic needs met respectfully
- Efficient use of donor resources to meet our clients’ needs
- Responsibility toward our neighbors in need
- Providing Hope to the hungry
- Inspiring a culture of excellence
What We Believe
We believe that providing basic food security lays the cornerstone on which people in need can build lives of greater economic security. We believe that once food security is met, other community service agencies will be more effective in their efforts to help people in need move toward economic security. We believe that feeding those in need is an urgent moral and practical imperative. If Blaine County wants a vibrant economy and a connected community, and if it wants to be prepared for civil or natural disaster, then we believe the County must make a commitment to support a coordinated network that acquires and distributes food to children and neighbors in need.
The Hunger Coalition is a nonprofit agency managed by a volunteer Board of Directors, an Executive Director and 9 Staff Members, and over 150 community volunteers. We were founded in 2003 and incorporated in 2004.
The Hunger Coalition is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
Federal Tax ID # 72-1582755.